Drinking several cups of coffee every day may help you live longer according to a report in the New England Journal of Medicine on May 17. Coffee is commonly known as a stimulant, which is why it is hard for scientists to believe that coffee can have any beneficial factors. Surprisingly, coffee may reduce the risk of death, heart disease, stroke and even infections. This news may be pleasing for the many coffee addicts in the world.
Everyone is always looking for ways to live longer, and I am no different. From this report, I feel tempted to start drinking as others do. There are many reasons for my thinking. One reason is that people who drink two or more cups a day are approximately ten to sixteen percent less likely to die. Another motivator is that if I drink about two cups of coffee a day, I could potentially reduce the threat of death, heart disease, respitory ailments, and maybe even diabetes. Lastly, for people who absolutely love coffee, if they are able to drink four or more cups of coffee in a day, they could fight against stroke and other harmful infections. So with this knowledge, who needs a "Fountain of Youth" to keep me young and alive forever, when I have coffee by my side?
Article from: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/340733/title/Coffee_gives_jolt_to_life_span

No comments:
Post a Comment